Thursday, August 2, 2012

Worthy

Photo from: http://purelyholisticlondon.wordpress.com/2012/01/19/power-full-quote-worthiness/
I cannot rave enough about my students in this summer’s Life and Career Planning class. They were fantastic! The students exceeded my expectations. Work was done thoughtfully, effort and time were obviously taken in completing the assignments and I was sad to see them go. I have also never had such an appreciative group of students. The final day of class, as everyone was dismissed, many students stayed behind to say goodbye and thank you, give me a hug or shake my hand.
Let me tell you, as a teacher, a thank you goes a lllooonnnggg way. Us teachers like to feel appreciated and know we made an impact and getting that verbal affirmation does wonders in lifting an instructor’s spirits.  
I've been kinda down-and-out and my students, without meaning to (which is really the most awesome way anyway) encouraged me and gave me the confidence I have been lacking.
Right after the students' presentations (which really did last the entire 3 hours of our final class session!), I went home and jumped in the car with my hunny to head to church. Bayside Church is doing a special “Summer Splash” series - teaching various introductory classes revolving around large and important topics. Anyway, while my husband and I were listening to Pastor Al Soto, Co-Pastor of Bayside of Lincoln, he said something that brought tears to my eyes because I knew God was talking to me through him. Al Soto recited Ephesians 2:10. Now, I have Ephesians 2:8-9 memorized, I have since the 3rd grade when I was in AWANAS. Even though 2:8-9 are written on my heart, I should not have stopped at verse 9. Verse 10 is what I have been desperately craving to hear, it reads: “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do (Ephesians 2:10).”
Yesterday was a day of encouragement, a day I have been needing for months and it could not have come at a better time. Why do I let forces of evil come into my mind and produce self-doubt and insecurity? I am worthy because God made me to worship him. This awe-inspiring, magnificent, mysterious and holy being chose to make me the way I am. How can I doubt my value, a value that was given to me by the creator of the universe?
So thank you to my Summer 2012 class of HCD 330: Life and Career Planning, for one of the best semesters I have ever had! And thank you Dear Jesus for reminding me through your servant, Pastor Al Soto that I am worthy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm encouraged today because you shared how you were encouraged yesterday. Yesterday was the very antithesis of encouragement for me, so I am blessed to hear of how God gave you just what your soul was thirsty for. Thank you for being brave and sharing your heart and your struggles. The Lord is faithful and I know he will bring me the rest for my soul that I am so weary for. Today He has used you to serve as a reminder of that. So grateful for you.

    ReplyDelete